Merry Christmas, everyone. And I’d like to send some advanced New Year greetings since for the sake of some vacationing, I’m not going to post stuff here after this post and until the second Saturday of January 2021, so yeah, Happy New Year too.
And speaking of Christmas, I’ve been remembering the circumstances of Christ’s Nativity here on earth. Like, you know, Israel’s under Roman rule, Roman law demanded poor St. Joseph on a trip back to his lineage’s land, Mama Mary was forced to give birth in some cave, Jesus had to sleep in what was practically some cattle and horses’ bowl, King Herod was proud enough to have a bunch of kids killed, and the Holy Family was made to hide away from their native land and its King for a while in Egypt of all of places. I’m sure that St. Joseph and Mama Mary experienced pain and confusion thanks to what they had to deal with, but I’m also sure that they still followed God Almighty’s will. And that stuff’s just the beginning of Jesus Christ’s life here on earth!
So, is today’s normal really that new, then? Am I supposed to consider every single problem I have to face the end of my faith in God Almighty and His Creation He works through everyday? Am I supposed to think that the stuff I put out here in public can’t ever affect other people as well? And am I supposed to think that I can’t ever be better?
The me of December 2020 has been holding back on scheduled posts and going nuts with impulse posts. The me of 2020 has been building a small trove and cultivating a giant minefield online. The me that went from 23 years old to 24 years old got a new and more liked job and broke up with his precious yet more abused first. And the me right now that’s on freaking fire still has a lot more humiliation to undergo and a lot more growth to gain.
But if the perfect God Almighty can come here and save us despite and through fools like me, then let His will be done. If I still have to suffer even while following Him, then still, let His will be done. If a lot of my plans have to be discontinued and replaced by His better plans that I usually don’t have much and good expectations about, then alright, let His will be done. And if I have to have a wife who’d prefer stubbornly believing in humanity more than in God, then fine, let His will be done.
Now, with that pep talk done, time to highlight some posts, starting with the ones for December 2020:
- “Always Cherish, Never Brag” – I reflect about two usually mixed-up things. Also, it somehow managed to inspire an older and wiser man.
- Crawling to the Dawn Chapters 10, 11, and 12 – I finally complete that so-so Fate fanfic with strange popularity that I began around three years ago. Now I can move on to projects I have more passion for, too.
- “Smothering Surprise” – An original short story about a troublesome son, his promiscuous mother, and their beautiful guest. I also wrote this for my birthday and commissioned an artist to draw its cover and character designs, and I’m pretty confident and happy about it.
- “On Fate/stay night’s faith, especially in the Heaven’s Feel route” – Superheroes vs God Almighty makes a hopefully better comeback after around two years with some talk about the Fate series. Though it’s funny how I feel more confident in a piece with source material I need to go through more than in a piece with source material I’ve gone through over and over until I got all the Steam Achievements for it.
Now I’d like to highlight some other posts from the past months of the year 2020:
- June 2020 – I spent a month making and posting prayers and a reflection about prayer. I’m also still surprised that my dad likes one of those posts.
- “Souzou Forest” Tagalog Cover – The song’s that precious to me, you know?
- “Expanded: Death’s Most Wanted?” – That Reaper woman revived my rap interest big time.
- “I Wanna Say ‘I Love You’ At Least” – Along with that rap interest revival came some music production priority changes.
Other stuff I’d consider 2020 Tobbywork highlights are my audio/visual production features, my fiery meme piles, and a playlist for fan vids based on my works.
Okay, now I’ll go focus on having a vacation while I still have time for it. Honest constructive feedback is highly encouraged and will be highly appreciated. And God Almighty keep on challenging and guiding us all.