Yo there, peeps. The Overlord Bear is here for a monthly update post again. Also, I should get back on schedule on Wandering Weiss, which I’ll certainly do on Tuesday.
Anyway, this month has been filled with fanfiction writing and song covers. Special mention goes to making that video for my cover of my friend Wata’s “absurd,” my “Souzou Forest” retake cover for Jin’s/Shizen no Teki-P’s birthday, and then there’s my consecutive weekly updating of Wandering Weiss, which got broken at the last Tuesday of the month.
As for school, I’ve gone past the midterm point of the current semester. Learning is still interesting, but I have struggles with trying to get to school on time in the morning. I tend to spend too much time on surfing the Net and doing stuff with my computer on nights before school days, and the price I pay for that is heavy, indeed. I need help with that, alright.
As for other aspects of life in my house, the importance of chores and family bonding continues to be learned with the help of struggles. It’s like exercise (which I haven’t been doing much, ugh), in which it’s painful but worthwhile, especially when learned properly. Also, dish sorting, dishwashing, floor sweeping, floor mopping, trash bag disposal, and dog-crap-cleaning are the chores I’ve been doing lots in my house lately. Oh, and I think that my bond with my younger sister is improving, mostly thanks to art, stories, and stuff.
I also feel like my bonds with some close friends of mine are growing again. We’ve had some freaking worthwhile chats recently, yo!
Also, this month has been filled with reblogs about Makoto Shinkai’s “Kimi no Na wa.”/”Your Name.” Really, it’s one of my favorite movies now, and if you have interest in watching it, I highly recommend watching it without being spoiled beforehand. I also wrote a fanfic for it, too, one that’s set after the events of the movie and is shown through Yotsuha’s perspective. Oh, and then there’s RWBY Volume 4. Hanging around the RT upload comments and the Professor Arc Forum got me reading mixed reviews, with important points for thought mostly coming from the latter…which is also a place filled with shenanigans…shenanigans that I also participate in, for better or worse…
Okay, so now, I’d like to give shout-outs to certain peeps:
- Mcki Robyns-P, a Vocaloid producer with some interesting original songs
- Arksh, an amateur singer who also did audio engineering for two song covers of mine in the past
- Shiriru, an amateur singer whom I mixed a song cover for once
- Yogu, an amateur singer with a cute voice
- Tamago-chan, a singer with a sexy voice
- Damesuke, that peep who got me thinking about translating songs more seriously
- Forgetfulsubs, another peep who got me thinking about translating songs more seriously
- Gogopri, an illustrator who has some freaking awesome skills
- Inthretis, a fanfiction writer who has one crazy awesome fanfic that’s centered on RWBY‘s Penny Polendina
And now, as this post is nearing its end, here’s a list of the stuff that I posted on this blog this month:
- Wandering Weiss, Chapters 4, 5, and 6
- A Yotsuha-centered “Kimi no Na wa.”/”Your Name.” fanfic that’s set after the events of the movie
- Song covers: “Setsuna Plus,” “absurd,” and “Souzou Forest” (retake)
- Reblogs about Makoto Shinkai’s “Kimi no Na wa.”/”Your Name.,” all from MagnavaloN
So yeah, see you again in the den, peeps. Honest constructive feedback is highly encouraged and will be highly appreciated. 🙂
P.S. Here are some things to look forward to in this blog in the coming days:
- More song covers, including at least one English cover
- That one original song of mine and its music video that I should start working on
- More Wandering Weiss updates, though there’s a chance of them not going weekly ’cause of the currently airing RWBY Volume 4
- An original short story…probably…